Hit And Run: King's Casino Management Corp Files Motion To Dismiss In Mike Postle Cheating Case; Venividi Retakes Lead In Galfond Challenge On Day 37
Friday 10th April 2020
King's Casino Management files Motion to Dismiss in cheating case. Venividi wins his second session in a row to retake the lead in Galfond Challange. Find these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
On Wednesday, King's Casino Management Corp -- the parent company of Stones Gambling Hall -- filed a motion to dismiss a pending $10 million lawsuit against the company stemming from the alleged Mike Postle cheating case. The motion follows a previous Motion to Dismiss from early March in which amendments were made.
In arguing that they weren't responsible with the motion stating: "Casinos do not owe a general duty of care to gamblers. Their failure to include adequate facts establishes they cannot support their claims ... Plaintiffs can neither prove negligence nor fraud, they rely on innuendos and insinuations that are not substitutes for facts or law
Earlier this month, Mike Postle filed his own motion to dismiss the $10 million lawsuit against him. Poker vlogger Marle Cordeiro also filed a separate $250,000 lawsuit of her own against Mike Postle this week.
- On Day 37 of the Galfond Challenge on Thursday, VeniVidi won his second session in a row after winning €78,237.54 on the day. It was enough to retake the lead from Phil Galfond and finish the day ahead €31,753.17 overall. The pair have now played 23,572 hands out of the 25,000 hands required of the challenge, which means there are likely just two sessions remaining for one of the players to claim victory.
Action will pick up on Friday at 11 AM PT, which poker fans can watch live on the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel. If you missed the play on Thursday, you can watch the majority of the session below:
Watch €100/€200 HU PLO Phil Galfond vs Venividi day 37 | David Tuchman & Bryan Pellegrino commentating! !gc !results !charity from runitoncepoker on www.twitch.tv
- Some people are using their extra free time to come up with new Prop Bet ideas. Mike McDonald, a poker player who has never played competitive basketball is being given even money to hit 90 free throws out of 100 attempts until the end of the year, with unlimited attempts. ICYMI: Jonathan Bales from Fantasy Labs, also recently completed a prop bet of his own, doing 2,400 pushups in less than 12 hours to win a million dollars.
- From the PokerStars Turbo Series to the 888poker "Gold of the Arean PKO Series" to the Irish Poker Open and Poker Masters on partypoker, there are is a lot of online poker tournament action set for this weekend.
- At some point, most poker rooms will once again open for live poker. In an editorial for PokerNewsDaily, Earl Burton asks what the future of live poker will be in an era of greater awareness to cleanliness and social distancing.
- In Thursday's featured poker training video, we continue our look at Gazellig's "€5 MTT Hand History Review" series. In this episode, Gazellig goes over avoiding marginal spots tournament the tournament, among other topics.
- From the Fake News Bin: With poker rooms shut down, poker players across the globe are getting healthier and happier while being quarantined.
- Bet365 Poker is currently running the Perfect Pairs promotion from now until May 3rd, where players can have a chance at winning up to €1,000 in cash each week through weekly qualifying periods where they complete "Perfect Pair" missions.
- Maria Ho joins Run It Back with Remko on Poker Central where she goes over a hand she participated in with Phil Hellmuth and Antonio Esfandiari on Poker After Dark
- JohnnieVibes with a vlog from his last day of playing live poker before the quarantine where he also talks about how he is going to do meet up games during the crisis: