Hit And Run: King's Casino Rozvadov Reopens In Europe, Venetian Among Properties On Las Vegas Strip That Could Open In June; Phil Galfond Loses €256k Against ActionFreak
Tuesday 12th May 2020
The largest poker room in Europe reopens while some Las Vegas strip casinos plan to reopen in June. Phil Galfond with a tough day in his challenge with ActionFreak. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
The King's Casino in Rozvadov, home to Europe's largest poker room, has officially reopened for business. As part of the reopening plan, a series of safety measures have been put in place including the wearing of masks, frequent disinfecting, face shields for employees, and limits for the serving of food. The poker room had been closed since March 13th.
Stateside, two Las Vegas strip properties, the Venetian and Palazzo plan to reopen sometime in June. The news came after a memo was leaked that MGM properties NYNY and Bellagio could also be reopening in June.
- After a big week for Phil Galfond during his Galfond Challenge match with ActionFreak, Galfond came back down to Earth on Monday, losing €256,044.00 during the 9th session of the Challenge. It was ActionFreak's largest victory since the Challenge began on April 27th. The pair played over 700 hands-on Monday with a total of 6,496 hands played with about 8,500 left to go. The Challenge will resume on Tuesday with Galfond still up just over 178k.
If you missed the session from Monday, you can watch it below or through the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel.
Watch Phil Galfond Playing €150/€300 HU PLO vs ActionFreak! Richard Gayler and Henry Kilbane covering the action! Day 9! !Venue !Overlay from runitoncepoker on www.twitch.tv
- A Maryland sports betting bill has become law after Governor Larry Hogan chooses not to act on the bill. The bill now brings the issue to the ballot box this November where voters will be presented with the following question: "Do you favor the expansion of commercial gaming in the State of Maryland to authorize sports and event betting for the primary purpose of raising revenue for education?" Polls currently sit around 50/50 for support of the new law.
- In Monday's featured poker training video, we take a look at the final episode of CFTheNatural's "Why I Love The PLO Micros" series. In this episode, CFTheNatural goes over a session where he won the rate of over 400 big blinds over the course of 100 hands.
- On Sunday, PokerStars hosted a $1 million charity event called "Stars Call for Action," which attracted some top celebrities including Amy Schumer and Bryan Cranston. If you missed the festivities, watch highlights below from the PokerStars YouTube channel:
- Jaime Staples made a final table during the $75,000 guaranteed Big Bounty Hunter tournament on May 9th which paid $12,000 for first place. Watch how Staples finished below: