Macau gaming regulator says all casino guests must now wear masks - IAG
Sunday 2nd February 2020
The Macau Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) announced over the weekend that all guests entering any of the SAR's 41 casinos must now wear a face mask or risk being asked to leave.
The measure is the latest in a growing series of restrictions aimed at preventing the spread of the Coronavirus into and through Macau. It also follows confirmation of an eighth Macau case of the virus, which has killed at least 305 and infected 14,300 globally, over the weekend and the first in a Macau local, with the female patient reported to have picked up the infection during a recent trip to Zhuhai.
In implementing its latest preventative measure, the DICJ said Macau's "six gaming companies have requested that all persons entering the casino wear masks from 11pm on 1 February at the request of the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau. If masks are not worn in the casino, the venue has the right to ask the relevant person to leave."
The DICJ had already required all casino workers to wear masks during work hours and for operators to conduct temperature testing at all entrances, totaling 405 public entrances and 47 employee entrances city-wide.